Nemo Cassina Lighting 's Steel Floor lamp. Floor lamp with dimmer on the cable and white glass diffuser
of the designer F. Albini - F. Helg - A. Piva - M. Albini - Nemo Lighting AM2C floor lamp with chromed structure and diffuser in white glass Light bulb: E27 QT32 Max 250 Watt not included.
Founded in 1993 by Franco Cassina and Carlo Forcolinio, Nemo-Cassina Lighting is today a reference point in the Italian and international landscape of high-design lighting. The collection Nemo-Cassina Lighting includes lamps which light every kind of space, either residential or commercial. For this reason, Nemo-Cassina Lighting has learned to select the lighting sources with particular attention, putting always a constant attention to research, experimentation and technological innovation. From the conceptual simplicity of the first lamp, Ursa, designed by Vico Magistretti in 1993, to the sinuous lines of the last creation of Studio Foster, the ideas of Nemo-Cassina Lighting will go beyond the limits of fashion and of time.
The catalogue includes mainly two collections: the “Contemporaries” and the “Classics”. The collection “Contemporaries”, which includes articles with high value, is signed by international artists, such as Giancarlo Fassina, Carlo Forcolini, Jehs + Laub, Javier Mariscal, Ilaria Marelli, Agatha Ruiz de la Prada, the Studio Foster+Partners and Hannes Wettstein. Nemo – Cassina Lighting completes this collection with a new edition of the icons of the lighting objects of the ‘60es and the ‘70es: these belong to the collection “Classics” of the catalogue, with designers, such as Vico Magistretti, Franco Albini, Kazuhide Takahama, Man Ray, Le Corbusier and Charlotte Perriand.
With the joining of the group Cassina in the group Poltrona Frau, the brand Nemo is following a path which has lead it to the role of “Official lighting provider” of the group Poltrona Frau.
Franco Albini embodies one of the most important actors of the development of the rationalist thinking in the fields of architecture, furniture and industrial design. Graduated in 1929 at the faculty of Architecture of the Politecnico of Milan, he cooperated immediately with the studio Ponti and Lancia and with the review Casabella. In 1929 he founded his first Studio in Milan and he dedicated to
housing projects until the postwar, thanks to the opportunities offered by the reconstruction. Among the most important projects of those years, the San Siro quarter in Milan must be remembered, as well as his works in the field of design: a radio receiver, the armchair Luisa, which woin the Compasso d’Oro award in 1955, and a series of assembled pieces of furniture to be used in the Italian summer camps. Franco Albini received many rewards for his production, where he has always guaranteed a logic consistence, high purity of expression and great morality.
Franca Helg graduated in Architecture at the Politecnico of Milan in 1945. After some years of personal experience, she became partner of Franco Albini in 1951 and this cooperation lasted until 1977. His interests has always flown from desing to industrial design, from renovation to city planning. Among her most important projects there is the store “La Rinascente” in Rome, Piazza Fiume, the thermal baths Luigi Zoja in Salsomaggiore, the Museo degli Eremitani, the city museums in Padua and the furniture of the underground of Milan, which was awarded with the “Compasso d’Oro” in 1964. After Franco Albini’s death in 1977, she works with Marco Albini and Antonio Piva.
Antonio Piva graduated in 1962 at IUAV of Venice and became immediately member of Franco Albini’s studio, beginning his career under the supervision of the master. His principal passions have always been teaching and writing: he is professor of Design in the course of industrial design in Venice and cooperates with many famous Italian and international reviews. He designed a lot of objects, which are very famous in the history of design, as well as many exhibitions and settings that he has organized, form the Contemporary Art Pavillon in Milan, to the International Design Center in New York.
Marco Albini, Franco Albini’s son, is an architect and designer graduated at the Politecnico of Milan in 1965. Since the ‘60es he has worked in his father’s studio. Today he is professor of architecture and city planning and has his own architecture studio. He is considered a specialist of the organization of museums settings.